Patikia across the top of hand. Had arthroscopic carpal tunnel release and trigger thumb release. Dermatitis?

I had arthroscopic carpal tunnel release and trigger thumb release 8 days ago. I ve developed patikia across the top of my hand. It doesn t itch or anything. I have what looks like contact dermatitis from my wrist to my elbow and it itches. Before I put cortison 10 on it, I caught myself itching it hard. The little bumps came up to big bumps. The cream helped some, but it still itches. Are these symptoms typical post-operatively? I see my dr. for a follow-up on Mon., but it s Sat. night and I itch.
Sat, 28 Sep 2013