Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Passing RBC after activity. Normal blood test, enlarged prostate

sir, i am 58 years old. normally fine health. for the last 3 months, i am after some activity,i am passing red blood cells. tested, but quite normal when at rest. blood test is normal, urine test shows e coli , ultra sound is normal but prostate enlarged grade l , no stones detected. sex life is deteriorated. unable to accertain the cause of R.B.C. regards, arvind jain
Asked On : Wed, 15 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Jan 2013
Hi Arvind ji,
Thanks for posting your query.
Although RBC are normally present in urine, but you should go for PSA, a specific antigen for prostate to rule out any carcinomatous changes.
You should also consult with urologist and go for renal function test.
If needed, you should also go for kidney biopsy and immunofluorescence study of kidney.
Dr. Mayank Bhargava
Answered: Wed, 15 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor