Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Painless lump under the skin on the back above the waist. Should I be worried?

I can feel a little bump under the surface in my lower back about two inches from in my left side and and inch above my waist band when I sit and lean to one side. (i.e. Lean to left to feel left one and vice-versa). Found it by accident when rubbing my back while on the pc. It feels like a ball, but then it could be a bit of a bone or something else I suppose. It s not sore, just noticed
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  1502
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM
What you feel as bump are usually benign fat tissue called Lipoma or Fibro lipoma, these are sometimes multiple.
You should see a surgeon and confirm it,and watch for any increase in size or it becomes painful,or some times restriction of movement.
They can be removed by a surgeon easily,mostly for cosmatic purpose.

Answered: Wed, 26 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor