Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

Painful bruise in leg. Burning and warm to touch. Any need to check by physician?

Hi, I was injured five days ago, something was thrown at my leg very hard by someone who used to be a pitcher in hs, so u can imagine how fast and hard. It bruised immediately, and at first I couldn t walk on my leg. I can now walk on it but the bruise has gotten larger and is very painful. It s burning and.warm to the touch. It s as wide as my thigh and about 6 inches from top to bottom. It is very hard. It is yellow in the middle and fades to red and purple. Should I have this seen by a doctor. I m very worried. I m 24 years old and I m very clumsy and bruise easily, but i have never had a bruise like this.
Fri, 6 Jul 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi your injury causes bleeding beneath your skin but as the skin was not tear at the time of injury it was collected there.usually it takes 2-3 weeks to go by it self.if you fell fluid like feel inside & not subsided within 2-3 weeks then it will need extractation.have a speedy recovery
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor