Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Pain on right of chest due to flesh colored bump, later a small, irritated circular area. Any ideas?

Hi, my boyfriend is concerned because on the right side of his chest , he felt pain. He looked down and saw a kind of skin colored bump under his skin that was a dull, annoying feeling. Within seconds as he walked into the light, the bump was gone. He said his first thought was that it was a bug, and afterward the small circular area was red and looked irritated. I m scared of what it could be. Does anyone know?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  40
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome.

Thanks for your query.

If you don't mind me asking, did you witness this as well? Were you present when this happened and you saw the 'bump' like protrusion from his chest? Or was it only your boyfriend who noticed this?

If you did, then may be you should wait for it one more time and then try to either take a picture of it to show a doctor or rush him to the ER.

If you have not noticed this, then it is best you again wait for a while and see if your boyfriend experiences the same thing. Try to ask him to take a picture of it immediately, so that you and the medical experts can see it for themselves.

If your boyfriend fails to produce any proof of this I would be thinking about something else.

There is also a more likely condition he is suffering from called delusional parasitosis.

Kindly try your best to monitor him at all times, and report any abnormal behavior to a doctor when you meet one.

I hope I have succeeded in answering your questions, you could write back to us anytime for further clarifications.

Best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor