Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
146 Doctors are Online

Pain in the stomach after eating, bloated. Worried about having colon cancer

well, for over a year now every time i eat my stomach hurts and for the past month my stomach has been bloated out and is very soar and its hard (like what men look like when they look like their pregnant) and right at the very top of my stomach ( right under by breasts ) it hurts to push on it, i always had problems with bowel movements but now i have not had a bowel movement in 2 0r 3 days now and i scared because i'm always bloated out and its sore and hurts to be pushed on that i have stomach cancer or colon cancer, i cant stop thinking about it and i'm always pushing in on my stomach to see if it still hurts
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Surgical 's  Response
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. If this bloating sensation is of recent onset, it needs to be evaluated by a gastroenterologist and you need to under go an upper GI endoscopy to rule out any problem in your stomach.
In addition, you should take in a high roughage diet, so that your bowel habits are regularised. Irregular bowel habits can be another cause of bloating.

Hoping for the best.
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Sadaf Akhtar's  Response
Hello dear ,,,hope you be fine,,,,dear rule of thumb is any new onset bloating of burning sensation of stomach in person above 40 ,,,,urgent upper gi endoscopy should be done. Improve your eating habbits ,,take fiber more and more ,dont lie straight after eating atleast do some exercise drink juices lots of water,,,,,,,,,pain in stomach after eating is usually due to ulcer but this bloating and mass is something alarming,,,,so better consult luk stay blessed
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You need an ultrasound to look at the gall bladder / Upper GI Endoscopy to look at the oesophagus, stomach and duodenum / Lower GI endoscopy to look at the Colon
In the mean time, Proton Pump Inhibitors / Pro-kinetic agents / anti-flatulents / lactulose can help

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 17 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor