Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Pain in the earlobe while gauging ear at 00g, right earlobe seems to be swollen, hard causing neck pain. Remedy?

So I gauge my ear, and right now I m at a 00g, which is 10mm. When I put my 00g s in, i started feeling pain in my earlobe . This was normal because i had similar pain when I stretched to a 0g. My left earlobe is fine but my right ear lobe is very swollen, hard, and red. I took my 00g out, cleaned my earlobe, and downsized to a 0g because i was worried. I can t sleep and I have neck pains on the right side of my neck due to my earlobe. What should I do?
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  162
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hi and thanks for the query,
Looks like your ear lobe is infected.
Are you diabetic ?
You can take an anti inflammatory pain killer for the time being to kill the pain but see your ENT as soon as possible.
You will definitely require an antibiotic.
You should also get your sugars checked because this infection is particularly common among diabetics,
Take care,
Dr kishori.
Answered: Sat, 23 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor