Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Pain in side, lower back pain. Taking Tylenol. What is wrong?

I been having I really sharp pain on my right side. Kind of beliw & on my ribcage but its the veey side of my body. It cauaesy lower back to hurt. It hurts when I laugh, cough, sneeze, breeth, lay down, or stand. I been talimg tylonal & I've applied icyhot but it doesnt seem to work I havent been able to sleep good because when i toss and turn in my sleep im in a lot of pain what wrong with me?
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  50
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.
I am very much concerned about your problem.If you did not have any injury then this can e due to some internal problem like inflammation of gall bladder or stone in gall bladder or gastritis.This needs early attention by your physician .This can be best evaluated by USG upper abdomen or CT SCAN.

Hope this will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. Saurabh Gupta's  Response
Feb 2014
Hi and welcome to HCM,
Pain in this area could be due to muscle spasm, bruised or broken ribs, gastritis, gall bladder inflammation or stone.
I suggest you to consult a physician for proper evaluation. You may need x-ray or ultrasound abdomen under his or her guidence.
Hope this will helps you
Dr Saurabh Gupta
Orthopaedic Surgeon
Answered: Fri, 19 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Bruce Kinney, DO's  Response
Hello, and welcome to HCM!

Pain in this area could be caused by a cracked/broken rib, a kidney infection, or several other problems. It is difficult to say without examining you. If the symptoms you describe are the only ones (no fever, vomiting, painful urination, etc) then infection is less likely. I would recommend seeing your family doctor, who may decide to do x-rays to make sure you don't have a broken rib.

I wish you good health, and thank you for posting on HCM!
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor