Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Pain in obliques, on sitting, muscle spasms, tightness, moving to base of spine. Treatment?

I have a pain in my oblique area, on left side. Physical activity is ok(played basketball yesterday--no pain), but sitting is a killer. Feels tight, and sometimes spasms. Pain starts on left side and goes around to base of spine . I did tweak my back about 10 days ago, seemed to be healed in about 5-6 days, now the pain is back. Any ideas? Thank you!
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  279
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain you have described seems to be due to a muscle spasm. Doing a hot fomentation and taking oral muscle relaxants will help in reducing the pain. Do avoid the painful activities. You can apply a local analgesic gel too on the affected area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor