Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
190 Doctors are Online

Pain in lower abdomen due to strained groin. Concerned, specialist help required?

I have pain in my lower right abdomen (belt line) and my doctor told me it was a strained groin .....the pain is still there and i also have to hold up my testicles to help alleviate it...i am a plumber and have to lift heavy things but this has never been an issue before...i wear jock straps and brief boxers but the pain is still there....pushing on the site of pain seems to help but it just hasn t gone away....there is no swelling and my doctor said it would just go away...i don t know what to do and i m very concerned........should i go to a specialist?
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello sir, thanks for your question.
such pain in the area you described mey be an infection in the testis or spermatic cord (epididymo-orchitis), pain which usually resolves when the affected side is raised. you need to ge for STI screening and treatment.
specialist help would be needed if persistence.
Answered: Tue, 18 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor