Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Pain due to stress. Itchinng, burning and sensitivity of skin in right arm with numbness and tingling in hand. Pain in neck, shoulder and chest. Remedy?

my doctor thinks my pain is caused by stress,,,I have seen my therapist and pyschiatrist...and they don'[t believe this to be true,,however the insistant pain, itch,burn,sensitiviity of skin in my mostly my right arm... that plus numbness and and tingling in my right hand.....the pain I experience is from my neck,back, shoulder...and chest pain under by breast(which I have had on and off for several years..which was said at be a digestive problem and have been taken Prilosec from the time that was did help and I no longer have heartburn...but the chest pain remains and with the arrival of these other symtoms it seems worse. I have been seeilng my primary doctor for over a month for tryilng to find out if I can get some relief...and now have problem sleeping unless I take Vjicodin...which I do not want to ....due to it's addictive nature. jOh, I have taken 3 advil at a timle and it only give partial relief but for a short time...I am turning 75 this month....I had my yearly check up in July...and all my test were filne...and I have been feeling fine...I care for toddlers 5 days a week for 4 hours each...and have had no problem carilng for them...until last week and athe pain got so bad I couldn''t take it and care for the children as I know I shoul and CAN. If you can shed any light on my dilemna. You can get to feelingpretty desperate. Jane Mulvaney
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hi from your detail description of the problem, I know you are having a very painful days and nights. I strongly believe that you have cervical spondylosis which is a age related problem due to bones getting thin and pressing on the nerve roots hence causing all types of pain. Along with pain killers (only when pain is severe) you also require physiotherapist and orthopedic opinion. They may take x-rays and MRI Scans to confirm it.. Hope this guides you real ted to your problem and wish you all the best
Answered: Wed, 9 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor