Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Pain below the rib cage. On pain management program. CT scan showing lesion on the spine. Have smoking. Any suggestions?

My husband is 57 heavy smoker. He has had pain below his rib cage radiating back to front. Very extremem at times. Went to regular doctor who sent him to pain management . They did cat scan found lesion on spine . Possible lesion from cancer elswhere. Then second cat scan with contrast said lipoma . dr gave him shots in spine for pain and physical therapy . Therapist said he should have blood work since pain is near lower lung. I don t have any idea what kind of dr to see at this point.My daughter is a pa and says he needs a lung xray too.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for your query.
Your husband needs to see a specialist physician . It will be good to have a full medical check-up. As a CT does a cross section through the entire body at the level they are taking the scan , one would expect them to see any pathology in the lung, if the CT was done at the levels of the entire thorax(chest). However , as you are uncertain , either a proper diagnosis has not been made , or they have not communicated the results clearly to you. See a physician and sit and discuss the results until you fully understand the diagnosis and treatment plan. I trust this information helps you.
Answered: Mon, 18 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor