Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Pain around chin area, can feel it inside the bone. Taken advil, voltarine. Cure for symptoms?

Hi I have a very severe pain around my chin area, I feel it inside the bone. The pain usually comes in episodes maybe once or twice a month for one day and it disappears, but lately I had it for almost a week and it s not disappearing. It s so discomforting that I can t sleep at night. I took advil and voltarine but nothing seems to work. Please let me know what might this be. Thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
The pain around the chin area could be due to an infection in the area or due to an injury in the area. Doing a hot fomentation thrice a day will help in reducing the pain in addition to the mild pain killers.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Mon, 14 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor