Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Pain and sound from the knees. Need advice

i am 48 years now, sometimes i get too much pain in both my knees, right knee much, i take support and very slowly i sit down and while getting up, whole day my both the legs pain, nowadays i feel like little sound from my left knee, pain in both my knee and right from my thighs to my feet is becoming terrible, what to do, pl advice,
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome at HCM.

I have read complete details of your question.

It looks from your details that most probably you may be having arthritis of your knee.

It is degenerative disorder of knee.There is excessive wear & tear of the cushion of knee ,because of this there ia pain on movement of knee.

You should not worry ,with advancement of medical science there are some remedies which can be helpful for you-

-You should start doing quadriceps exercises of your knee.See complete details in this regard at following web link-

-Avoid palthy or cross leg posture.

-Do warm water fomentation at your knee.

-Take a good analgesic like paracetamol or diclofenac on your doctor prescription.Please do not self medicate .

-Take joint supplements like glucosamine with chondroitin sulfate.

Hope this all will help you.

With best wishes.
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pooja Hegde's  Response
First of all, do you have only joint pain or any associated muscle weakness as well which is making u take support while sitting and getting up? Do you have any swelling in the knee? Do you have pin in other joints as well? Does the pain radiate from your back to the foot?
The most common cause of knee joint pain in your age group would be osteoarthritis (especially if you are over weight), however there are many other causes which can cause a similar presentation. I would advice you to consult an orthopaedician for your problems so that the doctor can examine you and treat you appropriately.
Take care
Answered: Wed, 24 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor