PCOS, overweight. Prescribed melodene contraceptive. Will it counteract hormonal imbalance?

I am a 26 year old female and have been diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome , the doc has put me on Melodene, this is the first time using a contraceptive but I was wondering if this will assist in my weight loss. I have tried various diet pills but nothing works, I try to follow a healthy diet but gynea said the polycystic ovary syndrome causes this and that melodene will assist with my hormone imbalance .
Wed, 17 Oct 2012