Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

PCOS, irregular periods, insulin resistance, elevated prolactin levels. Will cycloset help?

Hi, I am a 20yr old female, weight 40kgs, height 5ft. I am a 3rd yr medical student. I have been suffering from pcos since my menarche . My periods have been irregular ever since and I practically don t get them for months unless I m on hormonal therapy. I was on oral contraceptives to get my period but I stopped taking them a few months back due to development of insulin resistance and slightly elevated prolactin levels (they are normal now). I would like to know if syrup cycloset will be effective in regularising my period.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Oct 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  290
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Aug 2012
Hi Dear,

You are not a typical overweight PCOS person. Having irregular cycles since your menarche cannot be labelled PCOS directly eventhough your pelvic scan had revealed it like that. You need to check your FSH, LH, Prolactin, Testosterone, 17-OH-Progesterone, TSH done and if you haven't done any pelvic Ultrasound, please get one done. That will give answer to us which way to proceed. If it is really just a simple PCOS or something else that is making you a-menstrual where you need help of hormonal pills. Best thing would be go and see a good Endocrinologist in your area for this.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Fri, 26 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor