Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Overweight, bloated stomach. Had gallbladder removed. Taking Colfac. Should I go for food intolerance test?

Hi, i had my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago. Constantly putting on weight. I am about 2 stone overweight. I love fruit and veg. But I am constantly bloated. Arms, stomach. I do a lot of walking. Just been to doctors and they have put me on colfac 135mg three times a day. I go from having diarrohea to being constipated (wont go for 4/5 days). My wind is extremely smelly. Are there foods that i should / shouldnt be eating? Iasked them and they said no. Should i go for a food intolerance test. At this stage i am going to go mad because i constantly feel unwell
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  117
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hi... you have undergone cholecystectomy... and you have Gastrointestinal disturbnces.. this is due to fat intolerence.. try to aviod the fatty diet... otherwise you can eat other food items... there is no need for testing for food intolerence, because it is very obvious that there will be fat intolerance after gall bladder removal... see your physician in case you have intestinal infection, for short course of antibiotics.. all the very best..
Answered: Wed, 26 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor