Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

Ossifiation in the area of irritation due to achilles tendon. How to get rid of ossification short of surgery?

I had the misfortune of taking walking shoes to China. The shoes proved to be an irritation but were a famous brand and should have set my feet in just the right way. However, I irritated the achilles tendon and now have a growth (ossification) where the irritation was. I have seen a podiatrist who wants to make sure that I have my high arches supported and that I don t suffer further irritation. Surgery would be a last resort. This all is on the left ankle. I have been to massage and I have greater mobility and flexibity of the left foot , but the growth still can be painful. Getting the foot into alignment may help but how do I get rid of the ossification short of surgery. Is magnesium oxide a possibility? I am 64 and in good health and I am a normal weight.
Asked On : Thu, 16 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Taking magnesium oxide can decrease the further calcium deposition on the area but that will affect rest of your bones too. Considering your age, you can go for a regular physiotherapy and if the symptoms persist, then surgical removal is the only option.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Thu, 16 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor