Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

On medication for acidity, thyroid disorder and anemia. Suggest some proper treatment

Sir, Haemoglobin level of my 41 year old wife, is 7.5 since last three years. We have consulted to Physician, Dietician; Gastroenterologits. She has been put on iron rich diet and she regularly takes iron supplement tablets. Gastroenterologit has prescribed her tablet Pan 40 as she is suffering from acidity also. She is on Thyroxyne 75 mg tablet for thyroidal disorder. Please suggest us line of treatment.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  101
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response

your wife is having anemia but cause of anemia is not always iron need to get her properly investigated to find the cause of anemia which includes her complete blood counts, serum iron levels, serum b12 levels, peripheral blood films, retic count and even bone marrow examination if you discuss with your doctor, get her properly diagnosed for anemia and then proceed with treatment


Dr Sachin Verma
Answered: Thu, 20 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor