Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Old aged. Cracking, popping noises in one ear, dark red brown wax came out, progressive hear loss. What should i do?

A couple of months ago I had the flu . After the flu resolved, I had lots of cracking and popping noises in one ear. After a month of that, a dried blood clot fell out of the ear. Softer dark redbrown waxy debris came out of the other ear at almost the same time. I bought a ear vac. I used this a day ago (about 3 weeks after the debris came out). Now my ears ache and I have tinnitis. What do you think. Please don t tell me to go to a doctor. How can I treat this myself, or should I just ignore it? I m 61 and have had progressive hearing loss for many ears. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Thanks for your question

History seems that you might be suffering from presbyacusis I.e. hearing loss due to aging process.

Recent history of cold may precipitate the underlying presbyacusis.

Now just take antihistamines like levocet to solve the rhinitis

Take neuro protective like tab gabaxone for a month

If your daily routine is disturbing due to hearing loss then you need proper hearing aid fitting.

Thanks, take care.
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor