Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

Neurosergery due to csf leak

My mother underwent operation of neurosergery due to csf leak in 2001 but in last few yera it is recurring by nose Once she starts taking domax tablet csf leak stops but with in few month it start leaking again. My mother age is 45 year
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Answers:  7 Views:  561
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
ENT Specialist 's  Response
1. Get a CT Cisternography done, if possible when she has an active leak. Discontinue the Diamox for some time.

2. Was her CSF leak spontaneous or following a head injury? How is her sense of smell now? Is there any other cause for the leak, such as raised intra cranial tension?

3. Confirm the leak as CSF if possible with examination and Beta-2 tranferrin test.

4. An endoscopic repair through the nose will be possible with fat, cartilage, fascia and fibrin glue.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
After taking the diamox for two or three days immediately she used to get relief and leaking stops completely .but it recurrs with in few month We are taking the treatment of Dr D K Chabra retired from SGPGI LUucknow .
Do u suggest, to whom shall I consult in lucknow for this .
her sense of smell is low but while taking the medicine her sense of smell is Ok. after her operation it is intermitent ie on interwal (one or two drops). there was no history of head ingury in recent past but she was suffering from severe headche since few year before her operation in 2001 .
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
Seems to be a low pressure leak. You may consult Dr. Rakesh Shrivastava in Lucknow.
Answered: Sun, 5 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
plz tell about his address
Answered: Wed, 8 Jun 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
Raj ENT Centre & Voice Clinic,
387, Vishal Khand-3, Near CMS, Gomtinagar, Lucknow
Answered: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
We consulted Dr D K Chabra And as he said that she is suffering with rhinorrhea
So now i wish to know that what kind of she shoulsm take so that it will not recurr .
Amd who will be the best doctor for her treatment ...
Answered: Wed, 29 Jun 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
You have mentioned earlier that she had a lab test confirming CSF leak. Are you sure that it is plain rhinorrhea and not CSF rhinorrhea?
Answered: Thu, 30 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor