Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

Need to grow taller, started swimming and cycling. Is there a possibility of increasing my height at the age of 21?

hi i am 21 years old. my height is 5.3 feet only. i really need to grow taller. i started swimming and cycling 6 months ago. and i normally swim about 2 KMs and 20km of cycling per week. can i increase my height if i continue doing this for the next whole years. is there a posibility of increasing my height in this age by doing all these things
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

I understand your concerns. You still have time to grow tall, however growth hormones have some efficacy and I would like for you to visit with an endocrinologist to run tests and see if you could be helped with that visit. Many people use growth hormones to boost their height, however there are risks and you should be aware.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day!
Answered: Mon, 27 May 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor