What causes severe fatigue in a teenager?
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. Your height is good enough and lag slightly an inch or two from your parents which is perfectly normal and nothing to worry about. Also your long bones may have fused but you may still gain a couple of inches till your adolescence completes with good exercise and lifestyle. Also puberty gain at age of 11 rules out gonadal insufficiency. Secondary sexual characters may delay and many factors contribute to it like environmental, genetic etc and is perfectly normal. I have seen people who grow beard and armpit hair even in their twenties. So hang in there, you are just 19 and have alot to accomplish yet. As far as asthenia and fatigue is concerned, that needs extensive work up for sure, thyroid hormones , corticosteroids hormones assays, serum electrolytes assays need to be done and ruled out for any metabolic or organic cause. Otherwise this fatigue will just need supportive care with low doses of tricyclic antidepressants, vitamin and nutrients supplements and good diet and lifestyle with more outdoor activities.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Symptoms of Severe fatigue
- Symptoms of diabetic, severe fatigue
- Night sweats and severe fatigue
- What causes depression with severe fatigue
- Diagnosis of diabetic, severe fatigue
- What causes severe fatigue mild fever and body pain
- Diabetic, severe fatigue causes
- Causes of severe fatigue
- Severe fatigue and body aches
- What could cause a painful neck headache and severe fatigue