Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Need medication for pain. Addicted to pain killers

i just moved to a new area wildomar, ca. i have a ppo insurance im looking for a new dr. here to prescribe my pain meds, i was injured years ago and have been in chronic pain every since and found that dr.s in this area are afraid to prescirbe norcos, where should i go, or is that what an internal meds dr. is for?? ive always just seen my regular medical dr. i have all my medical records to show to my new dr. i am in chronic pain everyday and i take 3 a day, not even as much as my dr. prescibes otherwise im in such pain i dont even feel like moving. ive always limited myself on how many i take, and i spread them out wisely throughout the day, i just dont get it, when im in so much pain.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  68
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello, thanks for using HCM to pose your querry.
your growing desire for pain medications shows that you are addicted to narcotics as they are usually very addictive.
please see a psychiatrist first for help against addiction, then other simpler pain killers could then be prescribed for you.
Answered: Sat, 13 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor