Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

My husband was a diabetic, and often falls asleep while talking.

my husband was told by a doctor , 2yrs ago that he was a diabetic.,he has never taken medicine and sugar level. is always between 300 and 485! A pretty worried wife. have asked family and friends to talk to his but that was like kicking against bricks. he often falls asleep while talking. very,very moody, like a woman with her friend EVE. Refuse to go to the doctor,and again it has been 2yrs. without any medication., what could happen to my husband, he really think that he is okay.
Asked On : Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Answers:  2 Views:  406
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Rheumatologist 's  Response
Dear Mam, As you have told , your husband's sugar levels seem to be quite high. Persistent high blood sugars is injurious to health ,especially the eyes and the kidneys.More over high sugars may land him up in complications like Diabetic Ketoacidosis,where in there is an increased acid production in the body. This if not treated promptly may prove fatal.

I feel that you should tell him to look up regarding diabetes and its complications ,rather than getting people to advice him regarding diabetes.Some individuals may not like taking advice from others, some may not like to acknowledge the fact that they have some illness. Try not to discuss his diabetes problem in front of him with others. I think a little bit of tactful handling, a bit of privacy will do a world of good. I am sure he will accept his condition and will take medical advice gradually.

Take care.
Answered: Fri, 24 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

  Anonymous's Response

You can buy a Diabetic self test sugar kit and test his blood sugar. you can go to the Doctor on his behalf and ask him for some medicines by telling him the story. I think that is the only way to solve your problem with your adamant hubby.

Answered: Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor