My friend is coughing up blood, please suggest him the remedy

Ok well my freind is a smoker of the age 15 and has been since he was 10 I think. He is involved with drugs and drinking. Hes mom has alot of health problems and his dad is just a jerk. He has tried suicide before but I really doubt he ll try again. He has told me that he has been coughing up blood for the past 2 dats (the date is 5/24/07) and Im real worried and I think something might happen. Should I tell someone? Can this be death threatening?
Fri, 13 May 2011