Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
197 Doctors are Online

My daughter has a elevated ALP and she gets fever frequently

My daughter got jaudice in June-2009. Since then she oftenly got fever . My family docotor advised medical test hbsag and lft. Her lft SGPT-17, SGOT-24, bullrubbin are normal. But ALP is elevated 156 ( 50 to 126). What
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  171
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum.
Alkaline phosphatase (ALP) is a protein found in all body tissues. Tissues with particularly high amounts of ALP include the liver, bile ducts, and bone. It is found elevated in conditions like, Anemia, Biliary Obstruction, Bone disease, healing fracture, hepatitis, fatty liver. In your child's case it may be related to Hepatitis or Biliary obstruction as she has a History of Jaundice. Get her evaluated by a Gastroenterologist to rule out the causative factor.
Good Luck.
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
My daughter hbsag is negetive? my doctor opined that it is commons in grwoing children.
Answered: Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor