Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online

My cholesterol is 250. I maintain a proper diet

my cholesterol was 250 (im diabetic, type 1...and i m 22) ive gotten it below 200 now. just curious as to what anyone else with cholesterol problems cholesterol runs....and how old are ya. thanks! i eat a lot of whole grain, i take the generic brand of i have seen the doctor , i dont eat red meats and i rarely eat foods with saturated fat . and i am thin. just thought i d see how others are doing with their s...thanks!
Asked On : Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Answers:  1 Views:  252
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Good job on getting it down. The best things you can do for your cholesterol is much the same as for your diabetes. Low fat, complex carb diet. Exercise. Ignore "men in black". He/she & their group ignore the reams of scientific data that shows the benefits of statin therapy. It's easy to make a claim about "many have died" from statins and not provide direct proof from primary sources.
Answered: Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor