Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Motiabind treatment without operation.

My father aged 75 suffering with motiabind since last one year. Is there any treatment without operation. He is diabetic too.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  4496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Anuradha,

Welcome to HCM.
Best treatment for Cataract (Motiabind) is surgery. Cataract formation is accelerated by diabetes. Before cataract surgery can be done diabetes has to be controlled.
It is better that he has surgery now, because as time passes the condition will become worse and his ability to withstand surgery will also go down.
Wishing your father all the best.
Answered: Tue, 23 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

  User's Response
There is no medical treatment for motiabind .Surgery is only option.Donot delay surgery as he is diabetic he needs surgical correction of cataract with lens implanation and his retina has to be checked reguraly as ther are chances of having diabetic retinopathy.
Answered: Sun, 28 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor