• question-icon

Morning after pill on ovulation date

My menstrual cycles are normal and predictable, usually 28 day cycle. Some months i can actually feel when i ovulate ( pain , etc.) but others time i don t. I ve had success on planning and preventing pregnancy . Had a slip-up on my expected ovulation date and used the morning after pill . I began a regular period (although heavier) after about a week and so do not expect to ovulate again until the 20th. However, today (the 14th) I m having pain that feels like I m ovulating. *Could it be possible that the morning after pill threw off my cycle and i am indeed ovulating early?? I m trying to prevent pregnancy and so yes i have made an appt within my o.b.g. but cannot be seen for a few more weeks.
Mon, 14 May 2012

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

Yes, morning after pill can cause hormonal changes that are responsible for few symptoms such as delayed period, heavy flow and abdominal cramps. These changes usually get rectified in the next cycle.

It is possible you could be ovulating early which can be confirmed by examining cervical secretion, recording basal body temperature and so on. A more positive way of confirming would be by getting a simple test using ovulation kit. This test is similar to the urine pregnancy test and can be performed at home. The kit is available over the counter at some location or can be bought online.

Hope this information is useful.

Wish you good luck.