Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Mild acne and red pimples on face and back when exposed to sun. Oily skin. Suggest

Hi, I m 19 years old Guy form Rajasthan. From last 5 years I'm suffering from mild acne and pimples. Sometimes they disappear totally for almost 10 days and then again comes back. In starting almost all pimples appear red in color and then after two or three days they become white (a white color fluid develops in them). Except face I have pimples on back also but not on chest. Face skin type is Oily. When ever I go outside in day time, I get lot of pimples in very next day. I'm not using any kind cosmetic product on face from almost 3 yrs.

Thank You.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic Forum
you are suffering from a very common teenage problem namely acne vulgaris.
Along with it ,you have developed Acne Corporis lesions..Sometimes acne lesions can occur only over the body..Acne affects mostly skin with the densest population of sebaceous follicles; these areas include the face, the upper part of the chest, and the back
Before coming to the exact treatment, i would like you to follow certain precautions:
Avoid using any oily creams or lotions over face as much as possible. you can however use oil free moisturisers
Wash your face frequently inorder to keep it dry
Drink plenty of water
Try to avoid eating dry fruits
Avoid touching or squeezing of pimples
Avoid Hair oil
Always use a sunscreen (SPF> 26) when going out in the sun

Now as far as your condition is concerned, i would advise you might need to apply some antiacne medications like Clindamycin gel over the affected area in the morning along with benzoyl peroxide2.5% gel at night,,,
You might need a systemic agent also to control acne ,so if the above medicines dont help you much, then see a dermatologist for the same..

Hope it helps
Wishing you speedy recovery

Dr Geetika Paul
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Cardiologist Dr. Anantharamakrishnan's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

You should see a dermatologist - especially since it is extending to the back too / and you also have solar sensitivity...
Nowadays, there are several advances in its treatment - from imle solutions to tretinoin -
that there should be no problem, whatever...

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor