Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Lung filled fluid, stent inserted. What can ease the pain?

Dear Doctor, Greetings! My brother is suffering from one lung filled with fluid. He had stent inserted about 11 years ago. He is now under procedure for 2nd time removal of fluid and they have inserted a thick tube in his lung which since 2 days is causing him grave pain. Now at this moment they are trying i.e. One heart specialist and another general surgeon to take the tube a little out to make him feel comfortable, he is suffering a lot of pain, please help with your expert advice and I need to consult a very good pulmonologist quickly to see he is in safe hands please.
Asked On : Wed, 13 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Sep 2013
Thanks for the query to H. C. M. Forum.
Since , you mentioned a tube inserted , but , not mentioned the disease.
Tube is inserted for pneumothorax or pleural effusion or fluid drain.
In my opinion this is fir case of pulmonologist and get his opinion.
This is not a job of surgeon or heart specialist.
Till use a potent pain killer for relief.
Good luck for your brother.
Answered: Fri, 26 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor