Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Lumps, red bumps on scrotum, not attached to testicles, oozing blood. Causes and treatment?

I have a lump on the inside of my scrotum , it is about a marble size. I don t believe its attached to the testicle because it was at the bottom this morning now its up close to my body. I have a pimple like spot on the outside of my scrotum that s giving out an oozy blood. It just started bleeding today but have had the lump since Thursday. Im scared & have no idea what its from. Its slightly painful. Please help me out.
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  502
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Relax ajsimmons1924. As a rule, i find 'painful' lesions tend to be more of an 'infectious' nature than any scary cancer or some such worrying matter. Having said that, do you recall shaving the area or any other trauma? It is more than likely it can be an 'ingrown' hair that has got secondarily infected & may be leading to an abscess formation. It may get better with just an antibiotic & anti-inflammatory tablet course over 5 -7 days; If 48 hrs after starting the same, it shows no signs of improvement, visit your local dermatologist or general surgeon & you may need to get it lanced. Hope it all works out well for you. Regds..Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD Dermatologist, Cosmetologist & Venereologist, Bangalore, India
Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor