Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

Lump under skin on top of ribcage, irritates in bowel movement or constipation. Help?

Hello Dr.,
I am wondering what this lump is under my skin on the top of my left rib cage at the bottom, it has been there since after the birth of my last child (3 years). It hasn't been painful just irritating when I've had a large bowel movement or when I am constipated, and I am pretty much constipated all the time. I regularly drink dieter's tea in order to have a bowel movement, if I don't drink it I won't go. But lately I am experiencing some pain on my left side, not the lump but next to it kind of on the side of my rib. I know it is all connected to my constipation issues, well I am assuming it is. I have been gluten free for about almost a year and it helped at first but now I am back to being extremely constipated. What is this lump and pain and can I fix it? Thanks for any advice...
Asked On : Fri, 18 Oct 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. In my opinion it must be a lipoma which is benign but there will be no relation with constipation usually. Consult a surgeon and make him examine the swelling. I suggest you to take more fluids to avoid constipationand drink warm water every morning. Thank you.
Answered: Fri, 18 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor