Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
170 Doctors are Online

Lump on right upper chest, hard skin, occurs on right pectoral muscles. Treatment?

Im a 17 years old boy, who has been into training for about 1 and a half year. Its been around 5 month ago since ive noticed my lump on my right upper chest . Its always been bigger than my left. Even tho when im not flexing its stone hard. One day i took a look at old pictures and i saw that the lump even was a bit notice even before i started to train. Its on my right pec, and im right handed.
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Siana,

The lump you are describing need to be examined by a doctor to make the confirmation if any thing serious is there. Normally the lump on the chest on the pect region is mainly because of increase in the size of breast tissues in the male boy which is called as gynaecomastia. This can be because of some hormonal disbalance and it need to be corrected in the intial stage otherwise surgery has to be done.

I would suggest you to consult some doctor and after examination only it can be confirmed wether this is enlargment of breast tissue only or something else.

Thanks and take care.
Answered: Fri, 11 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor