Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Lump on chest, looks like a large pimple under the skin, foul smell on squeezing. Cure?

hi: i have a lump on my chest , it does not hurt, it s like a large pimple under the skin with no redness. when i squeeze it you can see a core but all it does is seeps foul smelling liquid. I ve spoke to my doctor about this and he said it should be removed surgically at a special clinic, which he has booked me for. It s been 3 years and not a word from them. Is there something I could do to rid myself of this. It is very embarrising because it will show with normal neck line tops.
Asked On : Sat, 19 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  489
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
This lesion could be a sebaceous cyst. It is usually a freely mobile lump beneath the skin and discharges a cheesy or oily secretion on being manipulated.
If it is too small it can be cauterised and if the size is big, surgical excision is required. Both the procedures, hardly take more than 15 to 20 minutes.
Hope that answers your query. Take care.
Answered: Sat, 19 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor