Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

Lump in rib cage, soft, painful heart. Worry?

I am 15 , i have a lump on the bottom of my rib cage , it is soft , and when i push down on it, it is not painful or anything , it is just there. I also have sharp pains on my right side , it feels like the pain is coming from my heart, it happens randomly, when it happens it could shoot out a pain multiple times then a few seconds later it stops, this had been happening for a few months now and i am very worried about this.
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Localized, superficial pain that is reproducible is rarely caused by heart problems, particularly if it lasts seconds like in your case. However, my advise is that any lump should be examined by a provider to ensure that the physical examination findings are completely benign.
Hope that helps

Dr Brenes-Salazar
Mayo Clinic Rochester
Answered: Sat, 20 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor