Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

Low sugar levels, fainting episodes. Wants to take protein powders, nutrilite. Treatment?

hi my father sugar is very low now these days he actually fented two days ago .what will be the actual diet for sugar control & bp .some one suggested me for amway products like protein powder and nutrilite daily for curing weakness, solomon omega3 for bp control ,sugar health for controlling sugar.actually they r so costly.
Asked On : Mon, 23 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  399
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Diabetologist 's  Response
if your father is diabetic , take proper care that you do not take excess of protiens also as this can increase the stress on the kidneys and worsen the pathology resulting in bp fluctuation etc.
check if his insulin and other hypoglycaemic agents are on high dose
good and balanced diet,exercise,medication helps to relieve hypoglycaemia
seek proper education from your doctor what should be done during such hypoglyceamic attacks
consult doctor for medication,he knows better about you
thank you
Answered: Thu, 26 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor