Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

LH knee replaced with a stryker Triathelon, swelling, painful, tender spots. What can be done?

I had my LH knee replaced with a stryker Triathelon, nursing and rehab people stated they never saw so much swelling from the post operation. on. Therapy did not go well, doctor kept saying I was not doing therapy enough,nine months later, so loose, so much continual swelling with regular asperations being performed, Nine months later doc stated out of clear blue sky I have bearing failure. Replaced bearing with new plate 4 mm thicker, Its been another year still having asperations, daily swelling I have to elevate adn ice knee due to swelling down to my toes every day. getting loose again, having tender spots on side of knee directly below knee is numb all the time. Doc state now all he can do is replace knee,. What do I do?
Asked On : Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Answers:  2 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Since the swelling is persistent and there us a reactive fluid formation in the joint, the only way to stop this discomfort is ti get the knee replaced again. This knee is not likely to work well for you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,
Answered: Sun, 30 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement Dr. K. Naga Ravi Prasad's  Response
Jul 2013
Hi, thanks for writing to HCM.
Your entire description suggests that you have an infected total knee arthroplasty (unless proved otherwise).
Simple change of polyethylene insert will not serve the purpose.
You need a thorough workup and evaluation to rule out all possible causes of infection. Simple revision of knee joint without knowing the cause of failure will end in disaster.
So i suggest you to approach an orthopedic surgeon with good amount of experience in total joint arthoplasties and follow his advice accordingly.
Hope this helps
Answered: Sun, 30 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor