Suggest treatment to increase the height of a person

Posted on Mon, 22 May 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Hi Doctor,
I am from XXXXXXX , Could you please suggest me is there anyways to gain my height. which way is the best way either Natural or supplementary.
Gender- Male
Age- 27+
Height - 5.2
weight - 45+
Natural Way - Diet List and duration
Medicine way- Supplementary medicine (should be available in India) and duration and medicine trimmings.

Please let me know what is the specialist consultant name for height.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Medicines, supplements or diet will not help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. The growth in height occurs at the metaphysis (plural metaphyses) of long bones. Unfortunately enough, the metaphyses get sealed off after puberty and there is no way they can be reinitiated again. So, at the age of 27+ you have already attained your final height and there is nothing that can be done in this regard. Diet or supplements will not help.

There is an orthopedic surgery called Ilizarov method wherein the long bones (as in tibia and fibula) of legs are cut and through a process lasting over a few months are elongated gradually, performing the procedure one leg at a time (leaving one leg elongated at one point of time). The process is hazardous and only a limited number of orthopedicians would agree to perform it. Other than this method you have no way to increase your height now.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha