Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Knee injury, bruising, unable to kneel, bone floating in knee. Treatment?

Hi there,My name is .Nearly 3 weeks ago I tripped over a speed hump and fell hard on my left knee ,there was some bruising that lasted approximately a week but what bothers me is that I can no longer kneel on my knee without it stinging.Its really quite painful.When I rub it gently it feels as though there is something lumpy (bone I guess ) and floating around inside.
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  180
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I have studied your case.

As per your history there is possibility of soft tissue injury in knee.
Most commonly meniscus injury occurs may be associated collateral ligament injury.
If pain persists then you may need to do MRI knee to see for any functional defect.

As per your symptoms you need to do physiotherapy and knee exercises to improve range of motion.
Rest and ice fomentation along with supportive brace will help to reduce swelling and pain.

Small meniscus tear can be managed conservatively with physiotherapy with USG and TENS.
Meniscus injury can be managed by arthroscopic repair.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.
Answered: Mon, 28 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor