Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Kid having fever, cough. On crocin syrup. Given frisium due to fits. Medicine to control fever?

Hi doctor, my son 20months old has a complaint of fever since yesterday evening. the temparature range from 99 , 98, 103.00... continuing crocin syrup 6.5ml 6hours once. also has a complaint of cough. his weight is 9kg. Last month he got fits due to fever and hence now i given him Frisium tablet half in morning and night..... giving him taval dip what should i do further to settle his temperature.
Asked On : Sat, 5 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  237
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
welcome to HCM
to settle the fever first you have to diagnose the cause of the fever. as you stated he is also having cough. so make sure that cough is due to the respiratory tract infection or something else like allergy or congestion. secondly the intermittent type of fever occurs in the malaria accompanied by chills and rigors. do some basic lab tests like blood complete picture, urine R/E, typhi.DOT and MP. and then visit your GP for the prescription of the appropriate antibiotic. meanwhile you can use paracetamol 2tsf for fever along with cold sponging
with regards
Answered: Sat, 5 May 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor