Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Kicked in varicose vein, what should I do ?

My son jumped over my leg today but misjudged and kicked me right on a varicose vein in my leg, now it s swollen and sore , iteven hurts when I put pressure on that leg to walk what should I do ?
Asked On : Wed, 2 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  1651
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Homeopath 's  Response
welcome to h& m,
for swelling and pain use arnica 200, 3 doses and repeat it again after gives you faster relief.
take care.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Krupali Devkar's  Response
hello dear, u can take analgesics. But if it really irritates u can go to the dr and get some sclerosing agent injected, so as to close the vein.keep ur limb elevated.
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
thanks for choosing health care magic.Varicose veins are due to faulty valves in the venous system.This are full with venous blood and skin over it is sensitive due to stretching.Because some local trauma like that you have they get more swollen and painful.So please take analgesics,rest and elevate the limb.This usually will relieve the problem.I hope you are wearing stockings for varicose veins.If this does not help please see your doctor.
Answered: Wed, 2 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor