• question-icon

Does paresis in an elderly require vascular surgery?

Posted on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: My father is 81 yrs old ,hypertensive, having BPH had Ml in 2005 .Two months back he had paresis of right side and diagnosed left CCA blockade.(66%).Is vascular surgery possible in his case?If yes, suggest me in CMC.
Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you of your father i understand your concern for his health and i would like to tell you that making a decision whether or not a vascular surgery will be of any help needs proper and detailed evaluation and proper examination of the patient.

So its advisable that you should personally consult a vascular surgeon in a Tertiary care hospital (Superspeciality) like Fortis, XXXXXXX Hrudayalaya, Escort, Medanta etc. for a detailed review of the situation and then treatment plan accordingly.

I hope this information will guide you properly.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Bhanu Partap

Cardiologist