Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

Itchy feeling and pain in perineum. Noticed stretch marks from anus to scrotum. Any solution?

I am a male and have been constantly bothered by an irritating pain that also itches in my perineum . I have has these symptoms for over 6 months. The pain in the summer months was nearly unbearable and some days I almost couldn t walk and felt like I had an extreme case of rug burn on my inner thighs/groin. Lately I have noticed that I have a thick 3/8 wide 1 1/4 long stretch mark from my anus towards my scrotom.
Asked On : Thu, 31 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  463
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hello.Probably you are suffering from intertrigo of the perineal fold, which is a common inflammatory condition due to friction and maceration.Usually there is secondary bacterial and fungal infection.It is definitely treatable with good steroid+ anti fungal/antibacterial creams.Good hygiene and aeration of the part is of utmost importance.
Answered: Fri, 1 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor