• question-icon

Suggest treatment for chronic prostatitis

Posted on Mon, 31 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Semen culture previously grew enterococcus feacialis S. I've been taking leavquin 500Mg for 3 months and symptoms are still there and my urologist said he can't help me after 4 months. What can I do if symptoms are still there. Can this bacteria cause too much damage if it wont go away or it can't be cured.
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
You have Chronic Prostatitis

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

Based on the facts and report of your semen culture you have been suffering from Chronic Prostatitis due to Enterococcus Faecialis organisms .and have been prescribed Livifloxacin as per culture report .

Truly speaking Chronic prostatitis is a notorious disease where both the patient and the treating consultant get frustrated due to poor response o drugs and it being incurable completely .

In a given situation I would suggest you to do prostate massage every day once daily .This will help to discharge prostatic secretions which there by help to reduce congestion of prostate which is the prime cause for pain in perineum and burning urination .I have been following this modality for last 40 years of my practice for my patients of Chronic Prostatitis and getting encouraging results .

You can discuss this modality of treatment with your Urologist .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist