Is thyroid curable ?

I have Thyroid, is it curable or not ?
Wed, 12 Jan 2011
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,   ,  
Drug/Medication ,  

Welcome to Healthcaremagic Forum

There are various illnesses pertaining to thyroid , some more details would have been of help.
Any way i can tell you about commonest presentation of thyroid illnesses.
One would be Hypothyroidism where the thyroid disease leads to secretion of thyroid hormone in low levels hence will be treated with external thyroid hormone called Levothyroxin.
The other is Hyperthyroidism where the thyroid disease leads to increased secretion of the hormone here it will be treated with medicines which inhibit thyroid hormone secretion like Carbimazole , methimazole.

The symptoms of the disease depends on whether its Hyper / Hypothyroidism.

The cure as such depends on the exact diagnosis as some of them are curable and some are not.

Thanks for visiting Healthcaremagic.com

Bye