Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Is there any way to remove the stitch mark ?

hi, Am 22 years old and 8 months back i got a surgery done on my nect near the chain line. its very much noticable mark and it has a bulging skin on the stitch area. i wnat to get rid of this. is there any way to look out.
Asked On : Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  374
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
  User's Response
Dear Jaeshela, Welcome to Healthcaremagic!

You are suffering from hypertrophic scar or keloids. There are a number of treatment options available. 1st get it properly diagnosed by doctor who performed the surgery. If it's a simple scar or hypertrophic scar, you can go for scar revision surgery. Fraxel Laser is also a good option. Topical gels like Hexilak or silicon gel/sheets can also be used. For keloids, best results are seen with intra-keloidal injections of triamcinolone. Good luck.
Answered: Sat, 9 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi Sir,

I have this keloid after the biopsy test. can we use hexilak gel to reduce this bulging area on my stitch.
Answered: Sat, 9 Apr 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor