How to treat severe coccyx itching?
Need more information and preferably an image
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr. Kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
I would like to gather more information about your problem so that I am able to guide you better.
Is there any skin lesion/dryness/scaling over the affected area?e.g a patch or an eczema?
How long since you have this problem?
Can you upload an image of the affected area in "Reports Section"
Thank you. I have viewed the image.
The skin looks eczematous.
I suggest you to use a moisturizer, frequently. In addition to this you must also use a moderately potent topical steroid cream e.g either mometasone furoate 0.1 %cream Or triamcinolone acetonide0.1 %cream, twice daily Or betamethasone valerate 0.1 %cream. These are prescription topical steroids.
I also suggest you to take a tab cetrizine 10mg once a day for symptomatic relief from itch.
Kindly contact your general practitioner for a prescription
I wish I could have helped you with a prescription but unfortunately, I can't through online... You need to talk to your local practitioner for a prescription for medicines.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for thinning of skin
- Is boil inside nose folliculitis a cause for concern?
- What casues allergic skin rash?
- How to diagnose herepes type 2?
- What causes white pimples in vagina?
- Suggest treatment for headache, acne and weight gain
- Suggest treatment for dandruff and red spot on scalp
- What causes non itchy eruption on penis?
- Suggest treatment for itching acne on hand
- Suggest treatment for itching sensation all over body