Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Is there any treatment for lypoma in the right shoulder ?

lypoma has been diagnosed in right shoulder by fnac test. After 1 week of the test pain is continuously increasing day by day and shoulder movement has become difficult in all positions. What can be done?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  102
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Hi isha,
Thanks for visiting HCM
Lipoma is excessive growth of fat containig tissue of the body. It is a benign (non-cancerous) condition. It must be pressing over normal structures probably on nerves to cause pain.
The treatment of choice at this juncture is, get it removed by a qualified general surgeon and everything will be OK.
The procedure is done in local operation theatre under local anaesthesia. Same day you will be discharged from the hospital. It is just like giving simple incision and removing the lipoma. You will be all right in a matter of days or a week and will be permanently cured.

So just visit a general surgeon ...
Best wishes
Answered: Mon, 29 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Lipoma is usually harmless unless it compresses the neighboring structures like nerves, joint and cause discomfort and pain. Best and only treatment is surgical removal of the mass.
Answered: Thu, 21 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor